Functional Movement Screen
Functional Movement Screens are a preventative test to help prevent overuse injuries. This test looks at seven different movement patterns to determine where your body needs more attention. These tests look at mobility, stability, and motor control throughout different that will be used in work, daily life, and athletics.
Who can benefit from a Functional Movement Screen?
- The functional movement screen can be beneficial for anyone who is active, planning to start an exercise program, or getting ready for a sports season. FMS can be beneficial to:
- Identify potential problems that will lead to overuse injuries.
- Decipher whether the issue is caused by lack of mobility, stability, or motor control.
- Find areas that should be evaluated by a Physical or Occupational Therapist
- What happens after the screen?
Our licensed Athletic Trainer will work with you to create a personalized program to address areas of concern. We will pick activities and exercises that are specific to your activity preferences. It will be best to follow up with a few more times to progress your program as you build strength. Follow up appointments are a great time to ask any questions you have about your home exercises and make sure your form is correct.
How much does the screen cost?
Functional Movement Screens cannot be billed for insurance as it is a preventative measure. We offer the initial FMS for $29 ($40 value), which is a thirty to sixty minute appointment to evaluate and come up with an individualized plan of care. Follow up appointments are also cash pay. We offer assistance programs to help pay for appointments.