There are five reasons you should first see a physical therapist if you experience back pain.
- A physical therapist is a good first step to reducing the need for further medical care. Continue reading
- A visit to a physical therapist within 14 days of low back pain symptoms can help you save up to 50% on healthcare costs. Continue reading
- Patients with a work-related, acute back injury should be aware that an MRI is not recommended in most cases. Ask your doctor or physical therapist about it. However, it is not recommended in most cases and can lead to worse outcomes. Continue reading
- Physical therapy should be first considered for seniors with spinal stenosis. It has been proven to be as effective as surgery. Continue reading
- For patients suffering from acute low back pain, the American College of Physicians recommends that physical therapy be used before taking medication. Continue reading